|Oil-free, salt-free baked sweet potato fries. Right out of the oven.|
Sweet potato fries are delicious. And a little while ago, I was craving them like no other. Well, that, and also, we almost always have sweet potatoes lying around the house. Instead of steaming them per usual, I decided to make little fries out of them. Although not as crispy as the actual oil-fried sweet potato fries, these oil-free ones satisfied my craving and were a different kind of (not to mention, much healthier) delicious.
|Before all of the fries went on the baking sheet and before the fries went in the oven.|
Sweet Potato Fries
2 Large Sweet Potatoes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Wash, peel, and rinse sweet potatoes.
3. Cut sweet potatoes into sticks (thin or thick, your preference).
4. Put sweet potato sticks into bowl, toss with seasonings (you can use any).
5. Transfer onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper evenly.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes or so - may be longer. Just until the edges are browned.
(You can flip them over halfway through, but I find that becomes too tedious if done one-by-one.)
7. Take out from oven, let cool a little.
8. Transfer onto a plate and enjoy!
|Baked Sweet Potato Fries|
It's really a simple appetizer or snack to make. And like I said above in the instructions, you can use any seasonings you like. I happened to find paprika and parsley flakes in the kitchen cabinets, so I used those. I think even black pepper itself would taste good. Or with a squeeze of lemon juice.
How would you dress these baked sweet potato fries?